Effective Date: January 1, 2018
Brian Houdek Web Design, referred to as “us,” “we,” or “our,” operates the https://www.brianhoudek.com website (hereinafter referred to as the “Service”).
This document outlines our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you utilize our Service, and the choices you have concerning that data.
We utilize your data to enhance and provide the Service. By using the Service, you consent to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
- Personal Data: Data about an individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
- Usage Data: Data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Cookies: Small data files placed on your device when you visit a website. Cookies are widely used to make websites or services work, or work more efficiently, and to provide reporting information.
- Data Controller: A person who determines the purposes and means of processing personal data. We are the Data Controller of your data.
- Data Processor (or Service Providers): Any person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use Service Providers to process your data more effectively.
- Data Subject: Any individual who is the subject of Personal Data.
- Data User: The individual using our Service, corresponding to the Data Subject.
Information Collection and Use: We collect various types of information for multiple purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected:
- Personal Data: We may ask for personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. This may include, but is not limited to, your first and last name, email address, phone number, cookies, and usage data.
- Usage Data: We may collect information on how the Service is accessed and used. This includes information like your computer’s Internet Protocol address, browser type and version, pages of our Service that you visit, time and date of your visit, time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers, and other diagnostic data.
Use of Data: We use the collected data to:
- Provide and maintain our Service
- Notify you about changes to our Service
- Allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- Provide customer support
- Gather analysis or valuable information to improve our Service
- Monitor the usage of our Service
- Detect, prevent, and address technical issues
- Provide news, special offers, and general information about goods, services, and events
Retention of Data: We retain your Personal Data only as long as necessary for the purposes set out in this policy. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period, unless this data is used to strengthen security or improve functionality, or we are legally required to retain this data for longer periods.
Disclosure of Data:
- For Law Enforcement: Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required by law.
- Legal Requirements: We may disclose Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with legal obligations, protect and defend our rights or property, prevent wrongdoing in connection with the Service, protect personal safety, or protect against legal liability.
Security of Data: The security of your data is important to us, but no method of transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data.
Your Rights: You have the right to access, update, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data. You can request a copy of your Personal Data in a commonly used electronic format.
Service Providers: We employ third-party companies to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
Analytics: We may use third-party Service Providers for monitoring and analyzing the use of our Service.
Children’s Privacy: Our Service is not intended for individuals under 13 years of age.